Kamran

Default Go To Page function obligates you to delete previous entry

When using the Go To Page function, if you have previously typed a page
number in the box (during the same session), you are forced to delete it,
then type the new page number where you want to go.

For example, let's say you went to page 30 earlier, and now you want to go
to page 55. You press Ctrl+G, and if you don't delete the old number first
you'll end up with 3055 in the box.

In old versions of Word, any previously typed page number was automatically
selected, so you could just start typing the number and overwrite the old.
No longer. The cursor now flashes before the number and you have to press
Delete to eliminate it before typing the new number. It's a minor annoyance,
but would help when you have to move around a lot in large documents.

Thanks,
Kamran.
Kamran

I should add that it is useful for the Go To box to remember the previous
number entered, in case you need to keep going back to the same place, as
long as it gets autmotically selected. That way you can just hit Enter and
keep going back.

"Kamran" wrote:

When using the Go To Page function, if you have previously typed a page
number in the box (during the same session), you are forced to delete it,
then type the new page number where you want to go.

For example, let's say you went to page 30 earlier, and now you want to go
to page 55. You press Ctrl+G, and if you don't delete the old number first
you'll end up with 3055 in the box.

In old versions of Word, any previously typed page number was automatically
selected, so you could just start typing the number and overwrite the old.
No longer. The cursor now flashes before the number and you have to press
Delete to eliminate it before typing the new number. It's a minor annoyance,
but would help when you have to move around a lot in large documents.

Thanks,
Kamran.

Kamran

I'm glad to hear the voice of reason is out there....
It's so crazy. It makes you wonder why they changed it in the first place.
You know, that thing about "if it ain't broke...."