Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mshurk mshurk is offline

Default error message about extending beyond printable page

Since about six months ago I've been getting error messages telling me that
each section (I don't use sections!) footer (I don't have footers other than
page numbers!) goes beyond the printable page. I get these everytime I try to
print a document. I've checked the margin sizes and everything and as far as
I can tell nothing's changed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mshurk mshurk is offline

..5"

This has worked on my documents in the past.

"mshurk" wrote in message
Since about six months ago I've been getting error messages telling me
that
each section (I don't use sections!) footer (I don't have footers other
than
page numbers!) goes beyond the printable page. I get these everytime I try
print a document. I've checked the margin sizes and everything and as far
as
I can tell nothing's changed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I agree that half an inch should be adequate for most printers. In Page
Setup, set all your margins to 0" and click OK. You'll get a message that
the margins are outside the printable area and an offer to fix them. Accept
the offer and note what margins result; those will be the default minimums.
You can then cancel out of the dialog without actually changing them. If the
bottom margin is actually more than 0.5", you can decide how to proceed from
there.

"mshurk" wrote in message
Since about six months ago I've been getting error messages telling me
that
each section (I don't use sections!) footer (I don't have footers other
than
page numbers!) goes beyond the printable page. I get these everytime I
try
print a document. I've checked the margin sizes and everything and as
far
as
I can tell nothing's changed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mshurk mshurk is offline

Thanks, Suzann. I tried, and curiously enough it's "fix" for the bottom
margin is .56". I find that strange. Is the problem my printer (a very
conventional HP 6110)?

"mshurk" wrote in message
Since about six months ago I've been getting error messages telling me
that
each section (I don't use sections!) footer (I don't have footers other
than
page numbers!) goes beyond the printable page. I get these everytime I
try
print a document. I've checked the margin sizes and everything and as
far
as
I can tell nothing's changed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Many inkjet printers do have an inconveniently large unprintable area on the
trailing edge (bottom of portrait pages, one side of landscape); you may be
able to fool the printer (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...DontPrint.htm), but it's not
necessarily advisable.

I just checked this for my DJ 6122 and was surprised to see that, while the
bottom margin is the expected (and acceptable) 0.5", the side margins are a
usable 0.25", and the top margin is 0.07"!

"mshurk" wrote in message
Since about six months ago I've been getting error messages telling
me
that
each section (I don't use sections!) footer (I don't have footers
other
than
page numbers!) goes beyond the printable page. I get these everytime
try
print a document. I've checked the margin sizes and everything and
as
far
as
I can tell nothing's changed. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mshurk mshurk is offline

Thank you.

I just can't help but wonder why this problem has only come up for me as of
the last six months or so. Same printer, same software, etc. Odd.

At any rate, at least now I don't have to deal with the error message any
more.