Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wish I wuz smart! wish I wuz smart! is offline

Default Word Product Key

I have a copy of Word 2002. The computer it was on died and is long gone. I
want to install it on another machine. I have the CD and the code. What do
I need to do?

Thanks,
Susan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If it came with the old computer, you can't install it on a new one.

If it didn't, insert the CD and follow the directions.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wish I wuz smart!" wrote in
message ...
I have a copy of Word 2002. The computer it was on died and is long gone.
want to install it on another machine. I have the CD and the code. What
do
I need to do?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wish I wuz smart! wish I wuz smart! is offline

JoAnn,

Thanks for your prompt response. It did come with the old cumpeter. Is
there a way for me to "unregister" this copy and use it on another computer?

Thanks

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

If it came with the old computer, you can't install it on a new one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No. When Word (Office, Works, Works Suite, etc) comes with a computer,
you've paid less than full price for it. Because of that, the license is
tied to that one computer. If you want a license that you can transfer from
one computer to another, you must buy a retail version.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wish I wuz smart!" wrote in
message news

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

If it came with the old computer, you can't install it on a new one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I know it wasn't the answer you were hoping for. For what it's worth,
Amazon.com has great prices on software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wish I wuz smart!" wrote in