Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Vicky Panenic Vicky Panenic is offline

Default Wrong Page Layout in Word(Microsoft Works Suite 2006)

When, I view my page it says 8.5x11 yet the length of the page is clearly not
11". Even when I try to adust I dont get the normal size for 8.5x11. What I
am noticing is that the paper sizing is way off. How do I adjust this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

What is the default setup for your printer in the control panel?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Vicky Panenic" Vicky wrote in message
When, I view my page it says 8.5x11 yet the length of the page is clearly not
11". Even when I try to adust I dont get the normal size for 8.5x11. What I
am noticing is that the paper sizing is way off. How do I adjust this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Is it a case of the white space not showing at the top and bottom of the
page.

See the following page of fellow MVP Susan Barnhill's website:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Vicky Panenic" Vicky wrote in message
When, I view my page it says 8.5x11 yet the length of the page is clearly
not
11". Even when I try to adust I dont get the normal size for 8.5x11.
What I
am noticing is that the paper sizing is way off. How do I adjust this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Does the document contain "markup" (tracked changes or comments)? If so,
Word is allowing extra side margin space for the "balloons," which tends to
distort the page aspect ratio. If you look at Print Preview, you'll see
that, by default, the text will be shrunk up into the top left corner.

"Vicky Panenic" Vicky wrote in message
When, I view my page it says 8.5x11 yet the length of the page is clearly
not
11". Even when I try to adust I dont get the normal size for 8.5x11.
What I
am noticing is that the paper sizing is way off. How do I adjust this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Vicky Panenic[_2_] Vicky Panenic[_2_] is offline

Hi Mary, thanks for responding. I checked the default setup and it is set
to the printer that I have which is the Lexmark 1200 series. I checked the
paper layout is plain, portrait and clearly highlighted 8.5x11, even there
the size looks odd for that size. The print layout is Normal.