Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Clueless in Seattle Clueless in Seattle is offline

Default New font name does not show up on Word 2003 font list

I'm running Word 2003 under Windows 2000 Pro.

A few moments ago I downloaded a free font called Monotype Corsiva from
this web page:

http://designgraphics.org/modules.ph...=search&query=

The file that I downloaded was named: MTCORSIA.TTF

I closed my MS Office applications and then used StartSettingsControl
PanelFontsFileInstall New Font and selected Monotype Corsiva.

I then reopend a document file with Word 2003 and clicked on the down
arrow to display the font list from the formatting toolbar to check to
make sure the font had been properly installed.

I was perplexed to find that on the font list, in the place where I
expected to find the font name "Monotype Corsiva" displayed, I instead
found a blank entry on the list.

But strangely, when I clicked on the blank entry, then the name
"Monotype Corsiva" would appear in the little box on the formatting
toolbar. And when I selected some text in the the Word document file
and then clicked on the blank entry in the font list, the text was
indeed reformatted with the "Montotype Corsiva" font.

So it appears that I've managed to successfully install the Monotype
Corsiva font. I just can't see its name on the drop down font list in
the formatting toolbar.

I'd be grateful to someone who could explain to me how to get the font
name to appear on the list.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Why did you download it from some site when it's part of Office 2003?
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...872311033.aspx

Since most of the fonts that come with Office cannot be legally downloaded
for free, I would suspect a faulty file. Uninstall it and then install it
from your Office CD.
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]