Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default Inserting an Entire PDF into a Word 2007 Document

I've been given what seems to be an impossible task. I'm hoping somebody can
help me make it work.

I am trying to create a Word document that will have three attachments. The
material that needs to be in the attachments is only available in three PDF
files (from a different company), with 48 pages, 42 pages, and 66 pages,
respectively. Unfortunately, due to government contract limitations, I do not
have access to the original Word files from which the other company created
these PDFs.

I know I could save the PDFs as JPEGs, and then insert 156 separate JPEG
files, one for each page, resized appropriately, but that's going to make a
HUGE Word file, and is going to be extremely labor intensive.

I know I could create a PDF of my word file and then use my Acrobat suite to
insert the PDFs in the appropriate locations, but my boss wants to be able to
view the document in Word.

I've tried the "Insert Text from File" option, but that won't let me insert
text from a PDF.

Are there any other options I'm missing?

Thanks.

Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GSalisbury GSalisbury is offline

"Jerry" wrote in message
[...]

Well I have Nuance's Omnipage and PDF Converter et. al. installed and when I
right-clicked on a .PDF File a Convert PDF/XPS Option is offered and it, in
turn, has a As Document to Microsoft Word (plus others) as an Option. I did
it and a Word Doc opened and I could change stuff.

Maybe you can go that route (or google for a free equivalent.)

--
Geo. Salisbury
Long Valley, NJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kaede1888 kaede1888 is offline

hey buddy, why don't you try to convert the three PDF to word
documents?

you can find this kinda converter everywhere in internet. In fact, you
can try AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter, which is free.

It preserves the original text content, images, layouts and hyperlinks
after conversion, efficient and accurate. You can also batch convert up
to 200 PDF files at a time.

Here is the link to AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter:
'PDF to Word Converter, PDF to Word, Convert PDF to Word'
(http://www.anypdftools.com/pdf-to-word.html)

And here is a tutorial about how to edit PDF in Word:
'How to Edit PDF by PDF to Word Editor?' (http://tinyurl.com/y6oyd3f)

Hope it helps:-)

--
kaede1888
kaede1888's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1775

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word has no ability to edit or display PDF files. You can only insert a PDF
into a Word document as an object and as objects cannot span pages, you will
only be able to view the first page in Word. As others have indicated it may
be possible to use OCR (or possibly the full version of Acrobat) to obtain
an editable version of the PDF in Word format, but inevitably the amount of
re-editing to get the Word version to match the original will be a Herculean
task - even with the best OCR software.

There is no simple solution, while it is necessary to keep the document in
Word format. It therefore makes far more sense to have the whole document in
PDF format and use Acrobat/Reader to view it. The full version of Acrobat
can be used to combine the PDFs.

"Jerry" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to as well.

I'd like to be able to download all the latest 3rd-party programs, but I'm
working on a government-owned computer that has very strict configuration
management protocols. I can't download anything that isn't on the approved
list.

Thanks.

.