Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
seanvan seanvan is offline

Default table does not move as text changes in word

I need to include tables in a word document. I create my table within the
body of the document (I have also copied tables in from other documents).
When I add one or more new lines of text prior to the table the table will
move into the middle of the next line of text instead of miving all text
below the table. If the table is left justified the trailing text ends up to
the right of the table, if centered the line of text gets split on either
side. This also happens when I delete lines below the table. The only
solution that I've found so far is to extend the column widths so that the
table goes from one margin to the next. This is a problem if there are only 2
or 3 columns and each one contains 4 or 5 characters. I have tried going to
the table properties/positioning and selecting move with text and unselecting
the overlap option. This helps with the text if its added prior to the table
but not if its deleted after the table. This occurs in Word 2007 and 97/2003
documents