rbhutani

Default Hyperlinks not appearing in TOC spanning multiple docs

Hi,

I need to create a single TOC for mutiple docs. I am using the "RD"
field to create it and the \h switch for hyperlinks. My TOC gets
created but without hyperlinks.

A TOC for a single doc, in the same document is generated with
hyperlinks. Only when the TOC file is separate from the content file, I
am experiencing this problem.

I have tried to locate an answer to his on the net, but have failed.
Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I need to know if it's been
done before or am I trying something that can't be done in Word.

Thanks,

Rachna

--
rbhutani
rbhutani's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2019

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Rbhutani,

I need to create a single TOC for mutiple docs. I am using the "RD"
field to create it and the \h switch for hyperlinks. My TOC gets
created but without hyperlinks.

Word doesn't support creating hyperlinks in a TOC to outside files.
The TOC would have to be generated by a macro solution.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)