ErinBell29

Default Shading tables in unprotected section of a protected form

Hi!
I have created a form with one protected section, and one unprotected
section that consists of a large table. I'm trying to get it so the user can
shade rows of the table in the unprotected section to red or green, depending
on the user's needs, but the "borders/shading" option doesn't seem to be
available. Is there a reason for this, and is there a way I can override it?

Thanks.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RXJpbkJlbGwyOQ==?=,

I have created a form with one protected section, and one unprotected
section that consists of a large table. I'm trying to get it so the user can
shade rows of the table in the unprotected section to red or green, depending
on the user's needs, but the "borders/shading" option doesn't seem to be
available. Is there a reason for this, and is there a way I can override it?

Which version of Word are you using? Here, in Word 2003, this works with no
problem.

But I seem to recall it not working in some earlier versions. I think the only
reason for this is that someone wasn't thinking quite straight when setting up
the code for enabling/disabling the menus. But the button on the Tables toolbar
usually worked?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org