jpas1954

Default Foreign language spell checker

My Word 2003 insists on trying to use foreign language spell checkers (e.g.,
Portuguese) even though I don't use it or speak a lick of it. Today it told
me that "Spell Checker isn't installed" and asked me if I wanted to install
it. I figured, well, go ahead because obviously something is hosed. Results?
Odd. I currently have 4 docs open. In two of them - if I go to "Options,
Spelling and Grammar," writing style says 'Grammar' or 'Grammar and Style'.
But on two others, it says, Grammaire or Grammaire et Style. So now, French.

How do I get Word to realize I only want to spell check in English on all
documents?