Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Telegraphy

Default Footnote Number Fonts

How can I increase the font size of all of my footnote numbers at once from
New Courier 8 to New Courier 10 while leaving the font of adjacent footnote
text alone? Here is my problem: when I moved from Word 2000 to Word 2003,
my footnote numbers in my large document lightened up in appearance, both in
the text and at the bottom of my lengthy documents pages. I want to remedy
this by increasing the font size of the 1500+ footnote numbers alone. I do
not want to increase the font size of the footnote text because to do so
would make that text the same size as the text in the document, which is New
Courier 9. Those who have worked with footnotes know that footnote numbers
are already a couple of font sizes smaller than the text that follows them,
even when by default they are understood by Word to be the same font. Thus,
increasing the size of all footnote numbers alone and at once would produce a
handsome and visually useful result. Thanks in advance for your help.