patzke

Default How do I remove a "dead" listing from the main menu bar?

I installed an 'add-in' named NextPage and it installed a menu selection on
the main menu bar. I have uninstalled the add-in but the NextPage menu item
remains on the menu bar except that it is now empty, i.e., there is no
dropdown items remaining. Is there a way to remove this dead menu item from
the main menu bar?
Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then click on the item and drag it
off the toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"patzke" wrote in message
I installed an 'add-in' named NextPage and it installed a menu selection on
the main menu bar. I have uninstalled the add-in but the NextPage menu
item
remains on the menu bar except that it is now empty, i.e., there is no
dropdown items remaining. Is there a way to remove this dead menu item
from
the main menu bar?

Tony Jollans

No need for Customize - just press Alt while dragging it off the toolbar.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Tools menu, select Customize and then click on the item and drag

it
off the toolbar.

--

"patzke" wrote in message
I installed an 'add-in' named NextPage and it installed a menu selection

on
the main menu bar. I have uninstalled the add-in but the NextPage menu
item
remains on the menu bar except that it is now empty, i.e., there is no
dropdown items remaining. Is there a way to remove this dead menu item
from
the main menu bar?

Alex M

I have a similar question. My company uses an add-in called iManage. There
are a couple of "File" menu items I would like to put on a toolbar but still
have the original menu item in the "File" menu. I can drag the menu item to
the toolbar and assign an image but then it is no longer in the "File" menu.
How do you copy the menu item to the toolbar.

I have looked through "All Commands" section of Customize Toolbars and can't
find the two items I want. Thanks

Alex

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then click on the item and drag it