chummles

Default Automatic lists/outlining.

Yipes! I can't seem to find ANYONE who knows a SIMPLE way to turn off that
ridiculous automatic list/outlining in MS Word! Does anyone know how to do
that? All I want to do is to have the freedom to create a list by myself,
either with tabs or indents or whatever, without Word doing any of it for me
-- I DON'T want Word to have anything to do with it at all! Help!
CyberTaz

Who have you been asking? Its a pretty standard option...

Go to ToolsAutoCorrect Options & remove the checks for Automatic Bulleted
Lists & Automatic Numbered Lists on the page for AutoFormat As You Type. If
you wish you can also go to the AutoFormat page of the same dialog box and
remove the checks for List Styles and Automatic Bulleted Lists.

Even if you prefer to use your own list design, it would be well worthwhile
learning to create Styles for the formatting purposes you suggest a well as
others. You'll probably find that you & Word will get along much more
peacefully if you do.

Regards |:)

"chummles" wrote:

Yipes! I can't seem to find ANYONE who knows a SIMPLE way to turn off that
ridiculous automatic list/outlining in MS Word! Does anyone know how to do
that? All I want to do is to have the freedom to create a list by myself,
either with tabs or indents or whatever, without Word doing any of it for me
-- I DON'T want Word to have anything to do with it at all! Help!

Krakmup

G'Day
Under the "TOOLS" menu, select "AUTO CORRECT OPTIONS"
Select "AUTO FORMAT AS YOU TYPE Folder
Answer is under "Apply As You Type"
Hope this helps
Krakmup