JanO

Default How do I eliminate list indentation in bulleted lists?

I hate the way Word indents my bulleted list an extra tab when I type the
second bullet in a list. I like the rest of the autoformating, but hate that
indentation. I have not found any control that allows me to manage that and
retain the assumption that I'm doing a bulleted list and that the next item
should share the formating of the first.
Anne Troy

Not quite sure I understand the problem, because I can't say that I've seen
this behavior, but perhaps this will help you:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...of t_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"JanO" wrote in message
I hate the way Word indents my bulleted list an extra tab when I type the
second bullet in a list. I like the rest of the autoformating, but hate
that
indentation. I have not found any control that allows me to manage that
and
retain the assumption that I'm doing a bulleted list and that the next
item
should share the formating of the first.

Stefan Blom

Make sure that you clear the settings which refer to WordPerfect on
the General tab of ToolsOptions (although these seem to *outdent*
rather than indent the second and subsequent numbered items).

Note that it would be even easier to apply a numbered style, which
will give you full control over the indents: Hold Shift and click the
arrow next to the Style box (on the Formatting toolbar); scroll down
to find the List Number series of styles and pick the one with the
desired indentation.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP