Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ximelore

Default How can I make a general change to multiple files which are the sa

I am a teacher who has just set up 28 files for each student in my class.
Each file contains a table with different headings. I would like to add a
new row (with new heading) to each of the 28 files. Is this possible to do
quickly, without having to open the 28 files individually?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Ximelore,

Perhaps an MVP can come up with the solution you want.
My guess is that the fastest way to accomplish this is copy, and paste in
each document - and yes, a document has to be open to allow pasting.

Cooz

"Ximelore" wrote:

I am a teacher who has just set up 28 files for each student in my class.
Each file contains a table with different headings. I would like to add a
new row (with new heading) to each of the 28 files. Is this possible to do
quickly, without having to open the 28 files individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

No it is not possible to add a row to a table in a document without
that document being opened. You could do with a macro that processess
a batch of files located in a common folder. "Quickly" in this case
would depend on how long it takes you to write the macro. You can get
a sample of code used to open and perform a task on a batch of files by
downloaded my VBA Find and Replace template he

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/VBA_Find_And_Replace.htm

Once you get the individual file open, you could do your task with
something like:

Sub AddRowToTable()
Dim oDoc As Word.Document
Set oDoc = ActiveDocument
With oDoc.Tables(1)
.Rows.Add
With .Cell(1, 1)
.Range.Text = "New Heading Text"
End With
End With
End Sub

searching for a word in multiple files gfmc Microsoft Word Help 9 September 16th 08 10:06 PM
update multiple similar files in word Barb Microsoft Word Help 3 February 24th 06 09:45 AM
Inserting Multiple Word Files in Order Fred Marshall Microsoft Word Help 1 February 12th 06 07:46 AM
Make change Sonia Microsoft Word Help 1 January 27th 06 05:05 PM
How to use WORD2003:Tools>Options>Save-> Make local copy of files. Shah of BSTS Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 07:30 PM