Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Warrio Warrio is offline

Default Mail merge on an access query...

Hello!

I'm trying to view the data in Word with a recordset that comes form an mdb
Access query...
when I update the database field in Word, I simply get nothing and whereas
the query displays many rows in Access?!?

When I try to connect the Word document to an mdb Access table, it works
fine.
So why doesn't work with a query?

Thanks for any suggestion

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It may be an issue with the way that the connection is being made to the
data source. From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the
General tab and check the box against the item "Confirm conversions at
open." Then when you attach the data source to the mailmerge main document,
you will be presented with a dialog in which you can select the method by
which the attachment should be made. Try the DDE option.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Warrio" wrote in message
Hello!

I'm trying to view the data in Word with a recordset that comes form an
mdb Access query...
when I update the database field in Word, I simply get nothing and whereas
the query displays many rows in Access?!?

When I try to connect the Word document to an mdb Access table, it works
fine.
So why doesn't work with a query?

Thanks for any suggestion

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If your query uses wildcard characters "*" or "?" the problem is probably to
do with the database version: in essence, later versions of Jet use the
SQL-92 wildcards % and _, and so does the OLEDB provider used by default in
recent versions of Word. You can try DDE as Doug suggests, or consider all
the implications of upgrading your databases, modifying all the queries,
etc.

Peter Jamieson