Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
April April is offline

Default Outlook 2007 Copying, pasting text in email

Is there a way to copy text from an email w/o having to hit "reply" or
"forward" first?
--
April

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zugig Zugig is offline

I have this same problem and can find no way to highlight text in an email.
All I get is the hand, not the regualr cursor.
Zugig

"April" wrote in message
Is there a way to copy text from an email w/o having to hit "reply" or
"forward" first?
--
April

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, admittedly I use Outlook Express, not Outlook, as my mail client, but
this sounds strange to me.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I've never had any problem selecting the text and copying using Ctrl+C.

Does
that not work for you?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"April" wrote in message
Is there a way to copy text from an email w/o having to hit "reply" or
"forward" first?
--
April

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zugig Zugig is offline

Should I take that to mean that this is not an actual feature of Outlook? I
had assumed it is because the email is displayed as HTML, but I had them
converted to plain text and I can't pick that up either. Is there someone at
Microsoft who can tell me how to enable that ability?
Thanks,

"April" wrote in message
Is there a way to copy text from an email w/o having to hit "reply" or
"forward" first?
--
April

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Although it shouldn't make any difference, have you opened the e-mail
message or are you just previewing it?
The conversion from html shouldn't make any difference either.

"April" wrote in message
Is there a way to copy text from an email w/o having to hit
"reply" or "forward" first?
--
April

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zugig Zugig is offline

Graham, I have the same problem whether I am in the previewer or have opened
the email. The only wat to actually highlight and select text is to forward
the email, which then makes everything available for highlighting in the
forwarding window. But I still then can't close that, go back to the received
email and do the same thing. Sounds like the original poster had the same
problem.
Suzanne, I will go peruse the Outlook forum but I found this thread by
searching for "copy text from email Outlook" so I should have found anything
there, right?
Thank you both.