Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default insert file -- word 2007

How do I insert a file into a document and keep the original formatting of
the second document? One of the documents is single spaced, and one is
double spaced. Both files are huge, and have tables, charts, footnotes, etc.
Even if I highlight the second document and change the line spacing, some
of the formatting is different from the original.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are trying to preserve the formatting of the inserted document, you
can format it with styles that do not exist in the target document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP