Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR MoJR is offline

Default shortcut

Hello,
I have a perplexing problem. First a little background. I created a folder
named 'MoJR Documents'. This folder is located on a secondary drive(D:\MoJR
Documents) apart from Word. I have a folder named 'My Documents' under
C:\Documents and Settings\MoJR\My Documents. I decided to leave this folder
in it's original location figuring I may use it as an extra folder at some
point. Currently, it has one document in it. I created a shortcut to the
'D:\MoJR Documents' folder and placed it on the taksbar. However, when I open
this folder using the shortcut created for it, the address window in Windows
Explorer indicates 'My Documents'. This may not be a problem, I'm not sure.
However, it may be causing a problem when I try to write a script to use a
hotkey combo to open a specific document in the 'D:\MoJR Documents' folder.

Why would there be a discrepancy between the shortcut and the folder listed
in the address window of Win Explorer?

How can I correct this problem?

Thank you,
MoJR