Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Lee is offline

Default Print word document without header and footer

Hiya
I have been looking all over the internet for the answer but have had no look.
We currently have a business letter head which we use for quotes etc... The
quotes are sent out by email electronically with the heaer and footer
included. However, we print onto headed paper and would like the option to
print without including the header and footer. Is there an option which i can
select in word to do this or is it a case of changing the code somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated!
Regards
Lee
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Print word document without header and footer

Hi Lee,

Yes, there is an option in Microsoft Word that allows you to print a document without the header and footer. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open the Word document that you want to print without the header and footer.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Page Setup" button in the lower-right corner of the "Page Setup" group.
  4. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Layout" tab.
  5. Under the "Headers and footers" section, uncheck the boxes next to "Different first page" and "Different odd and even pages".
  6. Click on the "OK" button to close the "Page Setup" dialog box.
  7. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  8. Click on the "Print" option in the left-hand menu.
  9. In the "Settings" section, click on the drop-down menu next to "Print All Pages" and select "Print Current Page".
  10. Click on the "Print" button to print the document without the header and footer.

That's it! Your document should now print without the header and footer.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried selecting the whole document and then printing the selection?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lee" wrote in message
Hiya
I have been looking all over the internet for the answer but have had no
look.
We currently have a business letter head which we use for quotes etc...
The
quotes are sent out by email electronically with the heaer and footer
included. However, we print onto headed paper and would like the option to
print without including the header and footer. Is there an option which i
can
select in word to do this or is it a case of changing the code somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated!
Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Lee is offline

Thanks Stefan! Worked a treat! Simple solution. Is there another way where
you can just select a box etc to not print the the header and footer. This
will make it a lot easier for staff who have to print it.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Lee

"Lee" wrote in message
Hiya
I have been looking all over the internet for the answer but have had no
look.
We currently have a business letter head which we use for quotes etc...
The
quotes are sent out by email electronically with the heaer and footer
included. However, we print onto headed paper and would like the option to
print without including the header and footer. Is there an option which i
can
select in word to do this or is it a case of changing the code somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated!
Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, you should be able to use a macro that formats header and footer
contents as hidden, prints the document, and then clears the formatting
again. The following is a simple version:

Sub PrintDocWithoutHeaderFooter()
Dim s As Section
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidd en = True
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = True
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = True

s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidd en = True
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Font.Hidd en = True
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = True
Next s

Options.PrintHiddenText = False

Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show

For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidd en = False
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = False
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = False

s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidd en = False
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Font.Hidd en = False
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = False

Next s

End Sub

For instructions on how to attach the macro to a toolbar button (or to a
button on the QAT in Word 2007), see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lee" wrote in message
Hiya
I have been looking all over the internet for the answer but have had
no
look.
We currently have a business letter head which we use for quotes etc...
The
quotes are sent out by email electronically with the heaer and footer
included. However, we print onto headed paper and would like the option
print without including the header and footer. Is there an option which
can
select in word to do this or is it a case of changing the code
somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated!
Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Lee is offline

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your reply. The first option (print selection) doesnt work when
we go into two or more pages.

The macro works really well apart from the fact that the header still prints
on the first page. Your link to that website really helped me install it. I
have tried to modify the macro code to see if the header on page 1 will not
print, but have had no luck.

Please would you be as kind to modify the macro code so that the header on
page 1 does not print. The footer on page 1 and the header and footers on the
other pages does not print as requested.

I look forward to your reply!

Lee

"Lee" wrote in message
Hiya
I have been looking all over the internet for the answer but have had
no
look.
We currently have a business letter head which we use for quotes etc...
The
quotes are sent out by email electronically with the heaer and footer
included. However, we print onto headed paper and would like the option
print without including the header and footer. Is there an option which
can
select in word to do this or is it a case of changing the code
somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated!
Regards
Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I see that there is an error in the code I posted. Sorry about that! Use
this version instead:

Sub PrintDocWithoutHeaderFooter()
Dim s As Section
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidd en = True
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Font.Hidd en = True
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = True

s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidd en = True
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Font.Hidd en = True
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = True
Next s

Options.PrintHiddenText = False

Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show

For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidd en = False
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Font.Hidd en = False

"Lee" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Lee is offline

Hi Stefan

Thats sorted that! Nice one thanks!

All the best!

Lee

"Lee" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lee" wrote in message
[...]

Yunus Yunus is offline
Junior Member

Hi Stefan,

I used your coding and it works. However, because i am printing onto headed paper there needs to be space at the top so that the text isn't printed over the headed part. FYI, i have quite a big header on the first page with a slightly smaller header on the next pages. So all the pages will need the text to remain where it was before the headers and footers were removed in preparation for printing. So how would i get around this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom View Post
You are welcome. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP