Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ABWA Barb

Default Underlined text doesn't print as underlined

In a document created by someone else when I underline some text it doesn't
show or print the underline. The underline button on the toolbar shows that
the text is underlined. The software I'm using is Office Pro 2003 / Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Depending on the printer's capabilities, you may need to allow extra space
for the underline. There is a Compatibility Option (Tools | Options |
Compatibility) to do just this.

"ABWA Barb" ABWA wrote in message
In a document created by someone else when I underline some text it

doesn't
show or print the underline. The underline button on the toolbar shows

that
the text is underlined. The software I'm using is Office Pro 2003 / Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Another possibility, if you can't see the underline on the editing
screen, is that the underline color of that text might be set to
white. Select some of the text and press Shift+F1 to open the Reveal
Formatting task pane. If an underline color has been applied, use the
Format Font dialog to change it back to Automatic.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman