Kerry

Default Copying Styles

Hi

I have had a quick read through a few copying styles threads but they don't
seem to answer my question.

I have many templates, all used for different things. I have about 20
styles that need to be available in a lot of them. I have set the styles in
one template and simply want to copy them to the other temps. I have used
tools - templates and add-ins, organiser. this does not work, I have tried
copying them 3 times (previous thread recommendation) and have copied them
across in order of cascade e.g. normal, then body, then, my heading 1 etc.
but this hasn't worked either. Its driving me potty I don't want to have to
start from scratch for each template.

Many thanks for your time

Kerry

Kerry

Hi Suzanne

The templates are already created. They are quite different too, some are
for reports, some for letters, so I cant use your suggestion. Thanx anyway.

Kerry

"Kerry" wrote in message
Hi

I have had a quick read through a few copying styles threads but they

don't
seem to answer my question.

I have many templates, all used for different things. I have about 20
styles that need to be available in a lot of them. I have set the styles

in
one template and simply want to copy them to the other temps. I have used
tools - templates and add-ins, organiser. this does not work, I have

tried
copying them 3 times (previous thread recommendation) and have copied them
across in order of cascade e.g. normal, then body, then, my heading 1 etc.
but this hasn't worked either. Its driving me potty I don't want to have

start from scratch for each template.

Many thanks for your time

Kerry

Another fairly reliable way to get styles into a document/template is to
paste in some text formatted with the style.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you haven't already created all the templates, then the easiest way

copy styles from one template to another is to base Template B on

Template
A. That is, open Template A and Save As under the name for Template B.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.