Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Default Copying styles

I created a style in one document and want to copy it to another. When I try
to use Tools, Templates and Addins, Organiser the Copy button in the window
is greyed out.

I then tried copying the style from the document to the Normal template and
that worked. But when I tried to copy it from Normal to the other document,
again the Copy button was greyed out.

I then tried turning both documents into templates and copying the style
between them, but again, no Copy button.

I am using Word 2003.

Does anyone know what is going on here and secondly how I can copy the style?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have both documents open and selected in the respective panes of the
Organizer? FWIW, the easiest way to copy a style from one document to
another (provided it doesn't already exist in the second one), is just to
copy and paste a paragraph in that style. You can later delete the text; the
style will remain.

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
news
I created a style in one document and want to copy it to another. When I

try
to use Tools, Templates and Addins, Organiser the Copy button in the

window
is greyed out.

I then tried copying the style from the document to the Normal template

and
that worked. But when I tried to copy it from Normal to the other

document,
again the Copy button was greyed out.

I then tried turning both documents into templates and copying the style
between them, but again, no Copy button.

I am using Word 2003.

Does anyone know what is going on here and secondly how I can copy the

style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're very welcome.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have both documents open and selected in the respective panes of

the
Organizer? FWIW, the easiest way to copy a style from one document to
another (provided it doesn't already exist in the second one), is just

copy and paste a paragraph in that style. You can later delete the text;

the
style will remain.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.