neil

Default Page design

Does WORDXP do any nice page design for like a title page?

Would be interested in knowing where that is done, thanks.
Jezebel

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

"neil" wrote in message
Does WORDXP do any nice page design for like a title page?

Would be interested in knowing where that is done, thanks.

neil

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:56:41 +0930, "Jezebel"
wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.
Jezebel

What point? Of course there are clipart images, rosey borders, and any
number of graphic bells and whistles. None of these is actually *in* Word,
but obviously available to you when use use Word. But the usage is up to
you. You can always defecate in the printer, too.

wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to
do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

neil

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:45:09 +0930, "Jezebel"
wrote:

What point? Of course there are clipart images, rosey borders, and any
number of graphic bells and whistles. None of these is actually *in* Word,
but obviously available to you when use use Word. But the usage is up to
you. You can always defecate in the printer, too.

I've no idea what you're on about, those features are in Word because
they come with Word. I mean they wouldnt give you a feature without
anything in it. But yea, sounds like you're grasping straws for
whatever reason, "not *in* word" but then "available to you when you
use it".

....and could ya please stop top posting.

Greg Maxey

Jezebel,

You ignored me once before and I am hoping you will answer now. What war
crimes are you talking about at the whitehouse?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire
someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

neil

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:36:07 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

Jezebel,

You ignored me once before and I am hoping you will answer now. What war
crimes are you talking about at the whitehouse?

No wonder he didn't answer you if that is your question. Ask that in
the politcal newsgroups and you'll get a few* thoughts thrown your
way.

* Few would be an understatement.
Daiya Mitchell

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

Nice analogy, Jezebel.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

And when you are using those, *you* are doing page design. Word is not.

Are you asking where to find those features that Word makes available to you
to design your pages, or are you asking where to find some of the
pre-designed pages that MS and others have created to offer for use in Word?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

neil

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:28:37 -0700, Daiya Mitchell
wrote:

Word XP doesn't do ANY page design. That's your job. (Or hire someone to do
it.) It's like asking if Volvos drive to nice destinations.

Nice analogy, Jezebel.

What? I'm just looking for some nice background images or something
to stick on my cover page, by your logic there are no clipart images,
no page rosey borders, no... you get my point.

And when you are using those, *you* are doing page design. Word is not.

Are you asking where to find those features that Word makes available to you
to design your pages, or are you asking where to find some of the
pre-designed pages that MS and others have created to offer for use in Word?

Basically looking for better clipart images to throw in the
background, geezus I'm not lookin for any van gogh originals here, was
only asking if any were available, freely of course, not lookin to rip
anyone off.

But it doesn't matter I already seen some at the microsoft site, rest
easy Jezebel :-)
Jezebel

Do a Google for "clipart" -- there's squillions available (which is what I
meant by the clipart not being IN Word -- even MS's stuff is now on their
website rather than on the CD).

Two caveats: 1) a lot of the stuff is free only for non-commercial use, and
2) a lot of the 'free clipart' websites seem to be designed by the same
cowboys who do the porn sites. The 'million free images' site turns out be
links to other sites that are links to sites that are links ....