Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TCPD604 TCPD604 is offline

Default Word Page Layout - HELP :-P

I am creating a word template that has a cover sheet and 9 pages for "free
style" typing. How can I set it up so that as I type and reach the end of a
page, the text automatically rolls to the top of the next page without taking
the entire paragraph with it? I just want the next full word that will not
fit on the page to roll to the top of the next page. This is being used for
report typing and I want to be able to type without having to manually go to
the top of the next page when I get to the end of the current page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi TCPD604,

You seem to be using Word in a rather strange way. For starters, you don't need to provide the 9 'free text' pages - Word will
simply add pages as you fill them up, and delete pages as you delete already-typed material.

As for the formatting issue, Word has some paragraph layout features you should be aware of, including 'keep together', 'keep with
next', 'page break before' and widow/orphan control, all of which you should learn how to use. Using these features correctly will
help give you a professional-looking document.

--
Cheers
macropod