Archael Royale Archael Royale is offline
Junior Member

Default Link to Previous disabled, have section break

Hello, I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with Link to Previous for headers being disabled, despite the fact that I have a section break for the next page. I have tried many variations, recreating the section break, putting a new paragraph or two before/after the section break, etc. Nothing works. The Link to Previous button just refuses to become available. I'm using Word 2010 Trial. I know that it being a trial version is not an issue because I've gotten it to work multiple times, including earlier today.

Anyone got an answers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word can have up to three different headers (and three different
footers) per section; this occurs if you selected "Different first page"
as well as "Different odd and even" in Page Setup. Each type of header
(footer) must be separately unlinked from its "neighbor" in the
preceding section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP