Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Default "Invisible" Tracked Changes appearing in paste operation?

I use Outlook email with RTF plain text for a new message. If I copy from a
Word document (Word XP) and paste directly into the new message, things
appear as if I'd suddenly turned on View Track Changes, or words will change
to what they apparently were before being overwritten in the Word document.

I do not have Track Changes turned on with this document, but that's not to
say someone else didn't before I got it. With the Reviewing toolbar up, the
Reviewing Pane shows no changes. Clicking the GoTo Next Change or GoTo
Previous Change buttons get a box that tells me there are no changes or
comments in the doc.

Can someone tell me what's going on here?

Ed