Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rathish Rathish is offline

Default Average calculation

I have a small situation and I am not able to find a workaround for that.
I would really be grateful if you could help me on the same.
The problem is that I am trying to calculate the average of 10 rows of a
table with the help of fields.

For example, we have used cells B2 to B11 to calculate
the average, in cell B12 i have inserted the formula as =Average(B2:B11).
This formula correctly calculates the average value based on the cell
references given.
If i have to delete a row from in between the table. In
this case what word does is that it changes the cell references. So the
calculation cell which was B12 in table A is now referenced as B11 which
contains the formula =Average(B2:B11). So indirectly the average figure
present in the last row is being taken in the calculation itself because of
changes in the referencing.
Can any one help us in solving this problem. Is there any work around
available,
which will allow cell references to get updated when a row is being deleted
or if you have any other suggestion please let me know about the same.
I would be very thank full to you.

Regards
Rathish