Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aze

Default Changing page numbers in normal.dot template

Whenever I open a new blank document (normal.dot template opens), the
document opens to Page 2, but it still says Sec 1 and 1/1. This causes
problems when I want to add page numbers to the footer in the form of Page x
of y, since it comes up as Page 2 of 1. If anyone knows how to change the
template so that it opens on Page 1, that would be great. I am using
Microsoft Word 2002.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Format Page Number. If it says
"Start at 2," change it to "Continue from previous section" (the default
setting). If this corrects the problem in the current document, then open
Normal.dot directly and change the setting there. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions on
locating Normal.dot.

"Aze" Aze @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
Whenever I open a new blank document (normal.dot template opens), the
document opens to Page 2, but it still says Sec 1 and 1/1. This causes
problems when I want to add page numbers to the footer in the form of Page

of y, since it comes up as Page 2 of 1. If anyone knows how to change the
template so that it opens on Page 1, that would be great. I am using
Microsoft Word 2002.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aze

Hi, Thanks for the advice. I have tried to correct the problem, through the
Header and Footer toolbar, but it does not change anything in the document. I
have created a new template and this corrects the problem. Thanks.

adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
setting margins for page numbers AmyK Page Layout 7 February 15th 06 08:59 PM
difference between 'regular' template and global template? Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 7 July 15th 05 10:27 PM
CPU Usage When working with a Template I Created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 6 May 24th 05 04:38 PM