Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JaneyMac

Default Can you add a file path in the footer of all existing docs?

Have changed the template but now have 1000's of doc's that need to be
tracked. Can you apply the template to existing docs?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmFuZXlNYWM=?=,

Have changed the template but now have 1000's of doc's that need to be
tracked. Can you apply the template to existing docs?

Not directly. It would require a macro. For example, a macro named
AutoOpen would fire whenever a document connected to the template is
opened. you could use this to modify the document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org