scruffy

Default How do I continue text on same page after section break?

Using Word 2003 I have set up a merge document (dictionary type) that groups
a list of data records going to the same location together using Mergeseq,
Set, and IF statements along with Bookmarks. After the listing of the records
the letter needs to continue with the last paragraph and closing. The last
paragraph contains a merge field which cycles correctly when placed in the
footer with bookmark references before the merge but displays the same
location for each letter after the merge. Datasource is a .txt file that is
in aplpha order by location.
Is there any way to get this last paragraph to print on the same page or
would it be easier to start from scratch and use SQL in place of the list and
change the merge type to letter?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2NydWZmeQ==?=,

Using Word 2003 I have set up a merge document (dictionary type) that groups
a list of data records going to the same location together using Mergeseq,
Set, and IF statements along with Bookmarks. After the listing of the records
the letter needs to continue with the last paragraph and closing. The last
paragraph contains a merge field which cycles correctly when placed in the
footer with bookmark references before the merge but displays the same
location for each letter after the merge. Datasource is a .txt file that is
in aplpha order by location.
Is there any way to get this last paragraph to print on the same page or
would it be easier to start from scratch and use SQL in place of the list and
change the merge type to letter?

A catalog (directory) type of merge does not pick up information for headers and
footers. Word simply can't know which data, from multiple sets that can appear
on the same page, should be used.

The only method I know of is to format the mergefield (in the body of the
document) in question with a particular style, then use the StyleRef field in
the header/footer.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

scuffy

Thanks Cindy that does work . :O) I had a little trouble with setting up the
StyleRef but got it to work. After I finally got it to work (the format looks
a little awkward on a few of the letters) they decided they wanted to print a
list of recipients on the second page of a 2 page merge document. I can get
the entire list to print on the second page but I'm still trying to get the
individual lists in sync with the letters. (I'm still working on it and hope
I'm not trying to do the impossible).

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2NydWZmeQ==?=,

[...]

Text should continue in 2nd column, not start a new page.... Torwyn Tables 1 March 2nd 05 06:41 PM
A problem with text boxes and free space on the page [email protected] New Users 3 January 4th 05 09:39 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Odd page section break Jenny Page Layout 5 December 15th 04 08:05 AM