Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chinatown Chinatown is offline

Default Grouping Data Fields by a Specified Field

Does anyone know how to group data fields based on a specified field? For
example, I want to send an acknowledgment letter to a donor who may have made
more than one donation. Instead of having multiple letters for that one
donor, I want a SINGLE letter that lists ALL of their donations. One person
may have given one and another may have given six. I want to be able to
instruct Word to list their donation amount, donation date, and donation
purpose by the constituent number. Essentially, I am asking is their some
sort of grouping function for mail merge? If anyone uses Crystal, something
similar to that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or possibly the information in the following article will be the way in
which you would want to do it:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.