Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
peckitt99 peckitt99 is offline

Default Date Word Field Help

Hi

How can i add a Word field to my document that can be prompted to enter
the dates of an event when i run a mail merge.

i need to know how the word field is created and then how it is used to
enter the start date of a critieria.

Thanks in Advance

--
peckitt99
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Provided it is not a label merge then:

{ ASK MyDate "Start Date" \d { Date \@ "dd/MM/yyyy} \o }{ SKIPIF {
Mergefield Date \@ "yyyyMMdd"} { REF MyDate \@ "yyyyMMdd "} } }

Where Mergefield Date is the field that contains the date data you wish to
compare with the date entered in the ASK field.
I have added a Date field to set the default to the ASK field. You can
change the switch of that field (but not the others) to local requirements -
see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm