mitov

Default Text appears as squares

I have a very important document that has saved very strangely. When i saved
it, it looked fine, but then when i tried to open it, all the text is
replaced with little blank white squares. All there is now, are little blank
squares. I have tried text recovery, but what i end up with after that is
just a blank word document. I have tried changing the font, but all that
happens is that the squares change to other different quares, meaning that if
i change it from arial to arial blak, the quares become thicker. Can anyone
help me solve this problem. It is very important i recover this document.
Please please please can anyone help??

macropod

Hi mitov,

It sounds as if:
A) you're opening the files in Word's 'recover text' mode. Check File|Open
and make sure that the 'All Word documents' option in the 'Files of type'
tab is active;
B) you're opening the files with a text editor rather than Word. If so, use
Word or Wordpad; or
C) you saved the files with a '.txt' extension. If so, try changing the file
extension back to '.doc'.

Cheers

"mitov" wrote in message
I have a very important document that has saved very strangely. When i

saved
it, it looked fine, but then when i tried to open it, all the text is
replaced with little blank white squares. All there is now, are little

blank
squares. I have tried text recovery, but what i end up with after that is
just a blank word document. I have tried changing the font, but all that
happens is that the squares change to other different quares, meaning that

if
i change it from arial to arial blak, the quares become thicker. Can

anyone
help me solve this problem. It is very important i recover this document.
Please please please can anyone help??

small squares instead of text.... Stargazeruk New Users 2 March 9th 05 10:37 AM
Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 04:49 AM
How do I get rid of the same text that appears everytime I open a. kellychristiansen2 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 06:07 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Cannot copy text which appears with black dots below it! Richiev4 Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 04 05:03 PM