shirley

Default The header and footer won't open in a document either from the me.

Twice we've had a company document that suddenly won't allow us to open the
header/footer area. I can go to View Header and Footer, but it blinks
and nothing happens. The header/footer area doesn't open. Is there a fix
other than copy and paste to a new document.
CyberTaz

Hi Shirley-

Has someone perhaps applied Protection to the docs? Are you dealing with a
Template?

Regards |:)

"shirley" wrote:

Twice we've had a company document that suddenly won't allow us to open the
header/footer area. I can go to View Header and Footer, but it blinks
and nothing happens. The header/footer area doesn't open. Is there a fix
other than copy and paste to a new document.

shirley

The document is not protected. The document is based on a template that is
used often in our company without problems. The only distinguishing factor
about this document is that the user inserted a footnote.