JenMoore

Default Table of Contents & Headers

I am trying to create a table of contents. I would like to use the headers
within my table of contents. I go to index, reference, Table of Contents
tab. Under General, I specify Show Levels as 1. I click on Options, and
under the line Header, I type 1 in the blank box. I delete the 1 from the
line Heading 1. When I click okay, it just says "Error! No table of contents
entries found."

So I tried an alternate solution. I opened the outlining toolbar so I could
manually mark the header. However, as soon as I go inside the header, the
outlining toolbar is inaccessible.

Then I tried going to the header and typing ALT+SHIFT+O. Nothing.

Please help! It seems like it should work since Header is one of the lines
in the TOC Options tab.

Jennifer

Anne Troy

Sorry, Jen. Word won't see TOC entries in headers.
You might want to put a "fake" one on the page itself, and make the font
white.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com