Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Liu

Default GB2312 Chinese Email in Outlook 2003 displaying garbage

Hi All:

I got chinese email today and the text is shown as garbage. I was told the
encoding used is GB2312. What is the easiest way to view this email?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

You need to install support for East Asian Languages. When you do, the
application will automatically display GB2312.

See he
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/h...pintlsupp.mspx

Cheers

On 29/3/06 5:16 AM, in article
, "Larry Liu"
wrote:

Hi All:

I got chinese email today and the text is shown as garbage. I was told the
encoding used is GB2312. What is the easiest way to view this email?

Thanks

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410