Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TLC TLC is offline

Default Label lines are not showing

When preparing for a mail merge into the labels, the lines for the labels are
now showing. Using Word 2003. Is something unchecked?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you put any fields from your data source into your mail merge main
document (i,e, the label layout?) Word does not try to guess which fields
you want from your data source.

What is the data source?

(I will probably only be able to follow this up tomorrow, UK time).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"TLC" wrote in message
When preparing for a mail merge into the labels, the lines for the labels
are
now showing. Using Word 2003. Is something unchecked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TLC TLC is offline

The data source is Excel. It shows the first record but no lines when trying
to insert more fields. I hope this make sense.

"TLC" wrote in message
When preparing for a mail merge into the labels, the lines for the labels
are
now showing. Using Word 2003. Is something unchecked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I hope this make sense.

I'm sure it makes sense, but I still can't work out from what you are saying
what it is that you are not seeing :-) It's probably obvious to someone else
in this group...

Maybe you mean that you cannot see the table gridlines?

If so, try Table-Show Gridlines

If not, what "lines" are missing that you expect to see?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"TLC" wrote in message
When preparing for a mail merge into the labels, the lines for the
labels
are
now showing. Using Word 2003. Is something unchecked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TLC TLC is offline

Peter,
The gridlines are not showing at all. You just see a blank sheet. I will try
your suggestion. Thank you!

"TLC" wrote in message
When preparing for a mail merge into the labels, the lines for the
labels
are
now showing. Using Word 2003. Is something unchecked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jaci Jaci is offline

"TLC" wrote:

Peter,
The gridlines are not showing at all. You just see a blank sheet. I will try
your suggestion. Thank you!
"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I hope this make sense.

Peter, I am another for whom the gridlines are not showing at all, just a blank sheet, but I am using show gridlines. I think I must have done something I shouldn't because I used to have the gridlines. Please can you help? Jaci

"TLC" wrote in message
When preparing for a mail merge into the labels, the lines for the
labels
are
now showing. Using Word 2003. Is something unchecked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. For a label layout, Word creates a Word table, where each cell in the
table corresponds to a label (well, it is sometimes more complicated than
that)
2. If you have susccessfully created that table, then using Show Gridlines
should show the outline of the table
3. If you cannot see the gridlines, I suposse there are two possibilities:
a. something is preventing the gridlines from displaying (I cannot think
what that could be)
b. there is no table. (Maybe you could try inserting a new table and show
gridlines to see if "show gridlines" /normally/ works? Otherwise, by all
means despam my email address (remove the "Killmaps" from
, send me your document, and I'll see if I
can see anything)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk