Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sacramento CA Sacramento CA is offline

Default Mailing label changes

I was given a file of mailing labels in Avery 5160 format. How do I change
them to Avery 5164? I do not want to retype them because there are over 100
names.
I am using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sacramento CA" wrote in message
I was given a file of mailing labels in Avery 5160 format. How do I change
them to Avery 5164? I do not want to retype them because there are over
100
names.
I am using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or even 'complicated'

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sacramento CA" wrote in
message ...
I was given a file of mailing labels in Avery 5160 format. How do
I change them to Avery 5164? I do not want to retype them because
there are over 100
names.
I am using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sacramento CA Sacramento CA is offline

I followed the instructions, and it worked... sort of. I found out why...
the file they sent me was a partial mail merge file, meaning some addresses
(highlighted gray) are in mail merge address format and some addresses are
just typed in. SO, the addresses that are just typed in converted, but the
mail merge field-style addresses did not convert. I asked for the database
the addresses came from, but that database no longer exists. I will have to
do some cut and paste, but will figure it out. Thank you.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or even 'complicated'

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sacramento CA" wrote in
message ...
I was given a file of mailing labels in Avery 5160 format. How do
I change them to Avery 5164? I do not want to retype them because
there are over 100
names.
I am using Word 2003.

Mailing label lines are gone? susanb8918 Mailmerge 2 December 6th 07 03:30 PM
Mailing Label Spacing Aussiebod Mailmerge 0 August 18th 07 03:56 PM
Mailing label format MCU Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 05 08:08 PM
mailing label.. Mudit Govil Mailmerge 1 May 12th 05 10:09 PM
How to change mailing label size in existing label document GrannyAnn Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 04 05:12 PM