Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim99 Jim99 is offline

Default Sorting to print in order.....

Hello
Word 2000 and Access 2000.
Have a Word mailmerge document that gets data from an Access query, with
several fields. The query is sorted on one field, say "member_number".
This is the only field I'm using in the mail merge.

The merged doc does not come out in the order that "member_number" says it
should!

I don't have "SORT records" available (greyed out) on the "Query Options"
either - should I?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the order is important, you may need to use a make table query in Access
to create a table with the data in the required order and then use that as
the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jim99" wrote in message
Hello
Word 2000 and Access 2000.
Have a Word mailmerge document that gets data from an Access query, with
several fields. The query is sorted on one field, say "member_number".
This is the only field I'm using in the mail merge.

The merged doc does not come out in the order that "member_number" says it
should!

I don't have "SORT records" available (greyed out) on the "Query Options"
either - should I?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim99 Jim99 is offline

Many thanks!
No idea how I did it, but I did the make table thing, sorted it, and the
merge works!