Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaysonjmu

Default Mulitple sections, how to get TOC to show overall page numbers?

I've created a document with multiple sections, and so that the footer
contains "Page X of {SectionPage}" and a total number of pages in the header
"Page {PagerefB} +{pagerefc}...etc". I also have a list of figures and a
table of content, but which are displaying the footer page number and not the
total page number. How can i change this so that the TOC shows the overall
page numbers and not the section page numbers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill M

Jayson,
I recently ran into the same problem and found the answer on this forum.
1. Click the show/hide button for unprinted text (on the right side of the
formatting tool bar).
2. This lets you see all the page and section numbers.
3. Go to EACH section, including the first before it starts messing up, and
make sure the page formatting says to "Continue from previous section". Do
this for each section and the numbering will get in line.
Good luck
--
Bill M