I cut some text, then saved it can I get the original file back?

Old February 25th 06, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I cut some text, then saved it can I get the original file back?

I accidently cut some text out of a file. Then closed the program down and
mistakenly clicked yes to save as. It does not appear on my clipboard. How
can i get the original file back?
Old February 25th 06, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried opening a new document and Edit - Paste?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old February 25th 06, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I just realized that I tend to highlight and cut rather than just backspace.
Or highlight and delete. Looks like that is a good thing at times. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

so
all may benefit.

Old February 25th 06, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although the OP claimed she cut, she also said the text wasn't on the
Clipboard.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
I just realized that I tend to highlight and cut rather than just

backspace.
Or highlight and delete. Looks like that is a good thing at times. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message