Leo M. via OfficeKB.com

Default How to make reference on the literature source, which is in another file?

Hi,

I am writing a report from many chapters, and keeping the chapters in separate files. I would like to keep the numbered list of literature in a separate file.
Can I make references on literature sources, which are listed in another file?
I would prefer to do it without Master documents definition (everybody says that Master documens work very badly, and my Word works bad enough even without Master docs).

P.S. I have Windows NT, if that plays any role.

Leo

TF

Leo

Investigate the RD (Ref Document) field. This lets you create ToCs, Indices,
etc. from a separate document by referring to other documents/page ranges.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Leo M. via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: I am writing a report from many chapters, and keeping the chapters in
separate files. I would like to keep the numbered list of literature in a
separate file.
: Can I make references on literature sources, which are listed in another
file?
: I would prefer to do it without Master documents definition (everybody
says that Master documens work very badly, and my Word works bad enough even
without Master docs).
:
: P.S. I have Windows NT, if that plays any role.
:
: Leo
:
: --