Setting up superscript numbers

Old September 15th 07, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dr. Grandma

Default Setting up superscript numbers

I must write a manuscript in a style to which I am unaccustomed. For each
citation within the text I need to place a sequential superscript number. Is
there a way to set this up in Microsoft Word such that if I must change, add,
or subtract a number after entering it, all the numbers will automatically
change? There will be no footnotes, only entries in a reference list.