Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bartelby Bartelby is offline

Default Angled brackets

I'm trying to create a template in Word 2007. I inserted a "date picker"
calendar on the cover page and tried to link (by styleref) my footer date to
that calendar (so that it would update automatically). However, when the
footer date field is updated, it is always surrounded by angled brackets. I
think this has something to do with XML, but the bottomline is I need to get
rid of the 's. Can someone walk me through what I am doing wrong? I can
make this work with just a plain date on the cover page, but I really
want/need a calendar.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Select the Date Content Control and then from the Insert menu, select
Bookmark and add a bookmark to the document that contains the Date Content
Control. Then, in the footer of your document, insert a cross reference to
the text of the bookmark.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.