Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bonbons bonbons is offline

Default how to transfer a custom dictionary

Hello, I'm a writer and use Word 2007 daily. I expand my dictionary and words
that are auto-corrected on a daily basis btu can't work out how to export
this auto-correct dictionary to my laptop from my desktop. Does any clever
person understand my problem and know the answer. I'd be extremely grateful.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is a difference between the custom dictionary (which is a simple text
file, Custom.dic, which can be copied from one computer to another) and the
AutoCorrect file. For the latter, use the AutoCorrect.dotm template (in
Autocorrect2007.zip) from
http://jay-freedman.info to backup and restore that file.

http://word.mvps.org