Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frans

Default Document comparison and wordcount

Hi,

When I do a document comparison, I see the new and deleted text on my
screen. But I want to do a wordcount on the new text. In order to do so, i
have to select the new text, but i have no clue how to do so. Any idea?

Frans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Reveal your Reviewing toolbar and change the view setting to "Final". This
will show (and select) only the "resulting" text (New text + unchanged
text). Is that what you want?

Otherwise, you have to:

1) Use FileProperties to view the character count of the unchanged
original document.

2) Copy the changed document and view its character count.

3) Accept all changes and view the character count.

Subtract the number of characters in the Original from the number of
characters in the Final (item 3) to obtain the number of "changed"
characters.

Subtract the number of characters in the Final from the number of characters
in item 2 to obtain the number of Deleted characters.

Subtract the number of Deleted characters from the number of Changed
characters to obtain the number of New characters.

Are you SURE this is worth it??

On 3/2/06 10:23 PM, in article , "Frans"
wrote:

Hi,

When I do a document comparison, I see the new and deleted text on my
screen. But I want to do a wordcount on the new text. In order to do so, i
have to select the new text, but i have no clue how to do so. Any idea?

Frans

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think the OP just wants a word count on the Final text, but perhaps I'm
misreading.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Hi,

When I do a document comparison, I see the new and deleted text on my
screen. But I want to do a wordcount on the new text. In order to do so,

have to select the new text, but i have no clue how to do so. Any idea?

Frans

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

But there is a possibility that she's getting paid only for the "new" text
she adds (I think there are still some Neanderthal clients out there who
will pay only for 'the number of words you type') which is why I added the
extremely convoluted second method.