Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
teacher teacher is offline

Default lost header in one section, why?

I have created a multi section report and in one section I can not get at the
header for that section. I just doesn't appear. When I go into headers and
footers I can move from one section header to another but in that one section
nothing shows. The footer is find but no header. it is like it is invisible
but I don't know what happened. What would cause this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are there continuous section breaks in the middle of a page (around a
multi-column section, for example)? If so, you'll need to get into that
section to correct the header/footer situation. One way to do this is to
insert a page break (Ctrl+Enter) in the "hidden" center section temporarily.

"teacher" wrote in message
I have created a multi section report and in one section I can not get at

the
header for that section. I just doesn't appear. When I go into headers and
footers I can move from one section header to another but in that one

section
nothing shows. The footer is find but no header. it is like it is

invisible
but I don't know what happened. What would cause this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
teacher teacher is offline

There are no continuous section breaks in the report, no multi-column
sections.If I delete a section break before tha problem it carries into that
section. If I create on after the problem section, I can't see the header
there either. Its a mystry to me but I am sure there is an explanation. If
there is some way to send you the file, I can.

"teacher" wrote in message
I have created a multi section report and in one section I can not get at

the
header for that section. I just doesn't appear. When I go into headers and
footers I can move from one section header to another but in that one

section
nothing shows. The footer is find but no header. it is like it is

invisible
but I don't know what happened. What would cause this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you saying there is no header text or no header at all (no header pane)?
If the latter, then the document is corrupt; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm. If the former, it may
have to do with the Same as Previous/Link to Previous settings of your
headers; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are there continuous section breaks in the middle of a page (around a
multi-column section, for example)? If so, you'll need to get into that
section to correct the header/footer situation. One way to do this is to
insert a page break (Ctrl+Enter) in the "hidden" center section

temporarily.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.