Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DEAN DEAN is offline

Default E-mailing Docs from Word 2007

In previous versions of Word, you could put an "E-mail" button on your button
bar that dropped down the e-mail header to be able to address your Word Doc,
add a subject, and send it. This allowed you to e-mail the contents of your
Word document to someone without having to send the Word document as an
attachment as you have to do in 2007. Most of the time, when we want to
e-mail our Word document contents, we don't want the recipient to have to
open an attachment.

The larger problem is that we have saved hundreds of Word ".doc" files over
the years that are "canned" e-mails. Whenever we need to send one of these
e-mails, we would just open the Word .doc and send it as I indicated in the
first paragraph. The only way to do this in Word/Outlook 2007 is to save an
e-mail as an ".oft" file. This is fine going forward, but what about those
hundreds of ".doc" files that we want to continue to be able to e-mail. Is
there a batch converter to change all of those ".doc" files to ".oft"? It
will be a nightmare copying an pasting all of those contents to new .oft
files. Or, can you think of another solution to make Word 2007 behave like
Word 2003 did with regards to e-mailing.

Thanks in advance for your help.