skmgriffin

Default Using Tracked Changes

In the old Word version, when I received a document with tracked changes, I
was able to review comments using a pop up (similar to when you search for
individual words)...it allowed me to quickly move from edit to edit and
choose to accept/reject -- all by using key commands. I cannot get a pop up
box to appear; only the tool bar appears and I must move my mouse up each
time to review markups. Are there key commands for moving to "next edit" and
"accept" and "reject"...? Or am I now only able to perform this task by
continually clicking my mouse cursor over the buttons on the tool bar? I edit
documents all day and this is not working for me...slows down the process.
Can you help?
Beth Melton

Are you using Print Layout view and viewing the revisions in bubbles?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"skmgriffin" wrote in message
[...]

skmgriffin

Yes, I'm using Print Layout, but no...turned the bubbles off...I just need to
quickly go through and see each edit. I tried the Reviewing Panal...didn't
like that. I'm looking at a variety of edits -- everything from adding a
space to complete paragraph replacement. I need to review each and every
change, then decide which to accept. I can never choose the Accept All...it
would be a nightmare.

I don't care that the document format gets pushed around due to edits. I go
through and review edits, then go back and fix formatting. I used to get the
Review Tracked Changes box up, then hit the enter key to execute whichever
command it was one...so if I accepted the first change, then I could just hit
enter to continue accepting one change at a time...now, I have to click to
see the next change, then click to accept.

Are there any key commands available? Or must I always use the toolbar
buttons?

Thanks!
"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Beth Melton

If you used the Accept/Reject dialog box then it's still available.
:-)

- Go to Tools/Customize
- On the Commands tab select "All Commands"
- Locate "ToolsReviewRevisions"
- Drag/drop the command to a location of your choice

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/